Cannabis and hemp have been used by humans for centuries for everything from clothing to medicine to food. Nowadays, strains are often genetically modified to optimize the experience, but with so many choices, it’s easy to get lost. At Premium Seed Market, we are here to bring you high-quality seeds to fulfill your cannabis needs, including a selection of remarkable landrace strains. Before we get into hybrids, let us start with the fundamentals: exploring the history of landrace strains.
What are Landrace Strains?
Firstly, landrace strains are the original species of cannabis and hemp plants and are considered the ‘purest’ strains, although they have evolved over thousands of years. These plants have not undergone cross-breeding and thrive best in specific climates.
Furthermore, because of this, many landrace strains are named after the region in which they are indigenous. They are used to create countless hybrid strains, but the number is unknown as they were not included in botany records due to illegality.
Getting your hands on landrace strains is much more difficult than acquiring hybrids because it is more difficult to mass-produce them, and some modern growers prefer hybrids so they can curate their various effects.
However, they can still be found in the wild, and there are cultivators that continue to maintain their integrity. To get the best of both worlds, you can order landrace-dominant seeds from our store!
Next, sativa is known for bringing a range of cerebral effects to its user – from euphoria to creativity. The majority of sativa strains are from Asia and North Africa because of their tropical climates. The enjoyable effects meant the plant was spread around the world.
Here are some examples of sativa landrace strains:
- Acapulco Gold from Mexico
- Lamb’s Bread from Jamaica
- Panama Red from South America
- Thai from Asia
Subsequently, indica is renowned for its ability to provide users with relief and relaxation. The majority of indica strains originate from mountainous regions, particularly Central Asia. Due to the rough terrains they inhabit, indica plants tend to have faster-blooming cycles compared to sativa plants.
Below are a few examples of indica landrace strains discovered in Afghanistan:
- Lashkar Gah
Strains You Can Find at PSM
What’s more, at Premium Seed Market, we offer our customers several options! Here are just some of them and what you can expect:
- Pineapple Express: A sativa-dominant hybrid produced by crossing the landrace strain Hawaiian and the hybrid Trainwreck – provides energizing effects and has a delightful citrus aroma.
- Trainwreck: A hefty sativa-dominant hybrid produced by crossing the landrace strains Mexican, Thai, and Afghani – provides a euphoric feeling, and has a piney aroma.
- Northern Lights: An indica-dominant hybrid produced by crossing the landrace strains Afghani and Thai – known to provide relaxing effects for the muscles and the mind.
- Strawberry Cough: A ‘mysterious’ strain thought to be a mix of hybrids Haze and Strawberry Fields – known for its sweet strawberry aroma and energizing properties.
- Skunk #1: A mega-hybrid of landrace strains Afghani, Acapulco Gold, and Colombian Gold that became the blueprint for hybrid strains.
- Original Blueberry: An indica-dominant hybrid produced by crossing the landrace strain Thai and hybrid Purple Thai to bring euphoria and relaxation with a sweet aroma of blueberries.
In conclusion, landrace strains are untouched by humans, which allows them to grow and evolve naturally. While growing hybrids allow for the cultivator’s creativity, to grow landrace strains is to continue the epic legacy of centuries of cannabis cultivators.
Ready to explore the world of cannabis and experience the purest genetics? Check out our store for premium landrace-dominant seeds and start your growing journey today! Contact us for any assistance or questions. Happy growing!
*Always consult a physician before making any changes to your health or fitness regimen.*